Sadly, but no surprise, I’ve postponed my April 2020 hike. Biggest concerns were resupply issues on the trail, uncertainty as to which hostels/motels/restaurants would be open, and whether or not my travel insurance would cover costs related to Covid-19.
Fortunately, was able to get 100% refunds on travel insurance and 2 nights stay at Amicalola Lodge.
I’m contemplating a flip-flop in June, hoping things have changed by then. For my friends who aren’t familiar with “flip-flop,” this is starting the trail halfway (West Virginia), then hiking north to Maine. Once Mt. Katahdin has been reached, I would get transportation back to West Virginia and hike south to Georgia.
Fingers crossed that this virus will peak by then. In the meantime, lots of snow, but the weather is warming up. Forecast next two weeks suggests temperatures will be hovering around freezing.